Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Sweet camera on ebay (not mine)

  1. #1
    Inactive Member MovieStuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 28th, 2001
    Posts
    847
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Just saw this tricked out Bauer. Pretty.

    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=1344143982

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Matt Pacini's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 27th, 2001
    Posts
    567
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Nice camera.
    He's misleading though, when he says it's the top of the line Bauer, because the 715XL-S is even nicer than this is!
    (I wish I hadn't sold mine. I miss it!)

    Matt Pacini

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Kurt's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 14th, 2001
    Posts
    42
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    You're right, but it was Bauer's top-of-the-line silent camera.

    Kurt

  4. #4
    Inactive Member pauls opinion's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 29th, 2002
    Posts
    46
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Great camera. There are different versions of this camera. The bauer royal 10 e, 8e and 6e are its predecessors. All have exactly the same features as this one except for the lenses. definitely a camera to watch out for. They are none the less a bit unpractical in shadowy areas since the aperture indication is a bit dark then; it is lit by a light shaft. Otherwise great; many, many features and very compact.

    Paul

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Matt Pacini's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 27th, 2001
    Posts
    567
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Way more features on the 512????
    You've obviously not used a 715XL-S.
    And many people wouldn't exactly consider the XL function something to be "stuck" with.

    Not to mention the Angeniuex 6-90 zoom macro.
    Awesome lens...

    Matt Pacini

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Hanthx's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 27th, 2000
    Posts
    420
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Never used a Bauer, but am wondering how noisy this camera is?

    Scott

  7. #7
    Inactive Member cameraguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 28th, 2001
    Posts
    831
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Talking

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Matt Pacini:
    Nice camera.
    He's misleading though, when he says it's the top of the line Bauer, because the 715XL-S is even nicer than this is!
    (I wish I hadn't sold mine. I miss it!)

    Matt Pacini
    </font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>

    I would take the A512 any day over the 715xl. Way more features on the 512 plus with the 715 your stuck with the XL shutter.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member mattias's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 3rd, 1999
    Posts
    335
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    &gt; And many people wouldn't exactly consider the XL function something to be "stuck" with.

    well, if you're even considering buying a $500 super-8 camera, you're probably one of the people who would. especially handheld footage shot with an xl shutter looks bad, bad, bad, or even worse...

    /matt

  9. #9
    Inactive Member Matt Pacini's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 27th, 2001
    Posts
    567
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The 715 is pretty stinking noisy.
    That's the only reason I sold it.
    If I weren't so **** -retentive about camera noise these days, I would probably be shooting with the Bauer715XL-S, or the Canon 1014XL-S, since they are my favorites, except for the noise factor, like I said (I now use a Nizo 6080).

    I've owned them both, and I sold them both because of the camera noise, which was about even.
    The Bauer was a little bit lower frequency noise than the Canon, but probably about the same overall level of noise.

    On second thought, I'd probably have kept the Canon 1014XL-S.
    I liked it a little bit better than the Bauer, but man, having that 90mm zoom was incrediblly nice...
    I'd rather have Canon glass than Angeniuex glass though.

    Matt Pacini

  10. #10
    Inactive Member lightfeat's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 28th, 2002
    Posts
    217
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    What is an xl shutter? Is it a guilotine type? That would suggest why it's noisy, as that is why the 4008 is noisy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •